I Like 90% of [Politician]’s Positions but Hate the Remaining 10%, So I Won’t Vote for [Politician]

If you disagree with 90% of a candidate, obviously you should not vote for them and this page is not for you. But there are lots of people out there who take surveys like those on http://www.isidewith.com and align strongly with a candidate, yet feel conflicted with a minority of what that candidate has to say. I […]

Trauma as Trivialization

Middle-class America sees any unusual behavior through a pop-psychological lense; a folk version of child psychology and behaviorism where childhood explains every aspect of who you are. Because of this view, society defaults to looking to your childhood to explain abnormalities, the assumption being that if you hadn’t experienced some kind of bizarre childhood event, […]